It is the responsibility of the user to determine copyright. Digital images of items in Columbus Metropolitan Library (CML) databases may be used for nonprofit educational, research or personal use.
The images in these collections may be copyrighted, contain trademarks, contain watermarks, or be subject to other legal restrictions, such as publicity rights. CML* does not assert to own the
copyright to these images or any other such rights associated with the images. Any further use of the images in this collection, such as publication in any print or online media, public broadcast or
exhibition, or commercial use, must comply with U.S. and international law, including the fair use
of copyrighted material.
A user of any image in these collections is solely responsible for determining any rights or restrictions associated with the use, obtaining permission from the rights holder when required, and
paying fees necessary for a proposed use.
CML has made a reasonable effort to identify the rights status of material in its Image Collections and to obtain any permission required to make the material available for nonprofit educational, research,
or personal use. CML will share any rights information in its possession, but makes no warranties regarding this information. Please contact the library if you have any information regarding the rights holders
to images in these collections so that accurate information can be provided. If you are a rights holder who does not wish an image to be displayed in the collections, please provide a written request to remove
the image as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
CML does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its website, and CML will remove content if properly notified that such infringes on another's intellectual
property rights. CML reserves the right to remove content without prior notice. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any content infringes upon your copyrights, you may notify us by
providing the following information in writing:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists, for example the URL of the website where it is posted or the name of the book in which it has been published;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and a description of the infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Our agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on this site can be reached as follows: Jay Kegley, Columbus Metropolitan Library, 96 S. Grant Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43215; fax: 614-849-1354. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements above, your notice may not be valid.
* When pertaining to the Columbus Memory collection, both the Columbus Metropolitan Library and the Columbus Historical Society do not assert to own the copyright or any other such rights associated with the images.