Through the efforts of the Women’s Parliament and the Marysville Schools, a grant from the Andrew Carnegie Library Foundation was secured and on July 5, 1909, the cornerstone of Marysville’s new Carnegie Public Library was laid. As time went by, the needs of the community outgrew the small building on Court Street and the current facility was built. In 1997 the old Carnegie building was demolished and it was thought the cornerstone was lost forever in its rubble and long forgotten. In January 2015 the library received a call from a person in Kentucky who had found the cornerstone box at a yard sale 8 to 10 years ago. He wanted to return it back the community where it belonged. This collection contains images of the box and its contents that were received at the Marysville Public Library on January 10, 2015.